Complaints Information - Questions and Answers

I am the surface owner of a proposed oil and gas location. I have concerns that I want the operator to address, but I do not have a surface use agreement with the operator. Should I file a complaint?

No, please do not file a complaint.

The ECMC has an onsite consultation process to assist surface owners in just these circumstances. You should complete and submit an onsite request form. When your onsite request form is received, ECMC staff will contact you to discuss your concerns and will facilitate a meeting with the operator to help resolve your issues.

The onsite request form is the last (fourth) page of the policy that can be found at:

ECMC Onsite Inspection Policy (December, 2005)